ADVANCED WATER RESCUE MANAKIN
We are excited to release details of our exciting collaboration with Lifecast Body Simulation to create a 'World-first' for water rescue training.
The Advanced Water Rescue manikin is designed to mimic a drowned person in the water and delivers realistic medical simulation training that prepares rescuers for the real world.
No other rescue manikin provides this level of fidelity (Realism), with opportunities to practice rescue skills, coupled with the continuation of care to the Hospital and the Intensive Care Unit.
The Advanced Water Rescue manikin floats like an unconscious person but can also be weighted to partially or fully sink to increase the realism of rescue.
When in water, the hydrostatic squeeze (pressure of the water) closes a valve within the lung mechanics. Once rescued from the water, the mechanism releases, creating the movement of the lungs and chest.
Submerging the manikin creates an amount of water in the oropharynx, the middle part of the throat behind the mouth, which can be removed using manual or suction methods.
The drowning mechanism even allows for the manikin to create “foam” to replicate the noises and foaming commonly seen in drowning people. When people drown they can inhale about 30 mls of water into the lungs, and the manikin is able to replicate this phenomenon, as well as allow for dry lung drownings.
The manikin, which is patent-pending, has taken two years of research and development to perfect.
FEATURES & BENEFITS
- A high-tech drowning torso from Lifecast for ultra-realistic medical skills training, encased in a rugged Ruth Lee body which allows for use in many water rescue scenarios.
- One manikin lets users create a highly realistic drowning scenario. Use the same equipment for water rescue and medical skills.
- Specialist technology replicates hydrostatic squeeze to allow for wet or dry lung drowning scenarios. A world-first for water rescue training. (patent pending).
- The manikin is designed to mimic a drowned person in the water - it floats like an unconscious person but can also be weighted to sink or increase the realism of rescue.
- Pockets on arms, legs, chest and back to allow for additional diver’s weights or equivalent to be added (a maximum of 14kg can be added before the manikin will sink and we would advise the use of a buoyancy aid to prevent this from happening).
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation - chest compression - 5-6cm with built-in recoil
- Supplied with easy drain wellingtons OR soft shoes to allow military uniforms to be dressed over the carcass. *Please specify which you require when ordering
- Easy access point to reach drainage/fill. 3-way tube lets you introduce liquid to replicate ‘foaming’ as part of a wet lung rescue.
- Anatomically correct weight distribution for the ‘feel’ of a real casualty.
- Dry weight 52kgs in total (with soft feet) or 54kgs (with wellington boots)
- This product has been extensively tested with military personnel and a wide-range of water rescue and medical professionals.
KEY MEDICAL PARAMETERS
- Nasopharyngeal Airway insertion
- Nasal intubation
- Oropharyngeal Airway insertion
- Oro tracheal intubation
- Laryngeal Mask airway insertion
- i-gel® insertion
- Combitube insertion
- Bag valve Mask ventilation
- Mechanical Ventilator compatibility
- Manual suction or mechanical suction of nasal and oral cavities.