Water-fillable Bariatric Suit
We are pleased to offer a new solution for Bariatric Training.
In addition to our Bariatric manikins, you can now purchase a Water-fillable suit which converts any adult Duty Range manikin into a Bariatric!
This is a new addition to our Bariatric range and allows customers to place a manikin in situ before adding the weight. It is the perfect choice where space is limited or when there are not enough people to position a full-weight bariatric manikin in place ready for training.
The Water-Fillable Bariatric Suit comes as a complete kit including soft feet, plus all adapters and two short hoses for filling. A water flow meter is also included and allows you to monitor how much water is being added. This comes complete in a sturdy bag for easy carrying and storage.
The kit is light enough for one person to carry into position and set up the training scenario. Simply place the suit over your existing Duty Range manikin, attach a hosepipe and fill it up with water to achieve the required weight. Up to 150kg of additional weight can be added using water. This process takes 15-20 mins from arrival at the venue, to having the manikin set up to train with (depending on water pressure at your venue)
When the training is over, use the special valves and a hosepipe to empty the water, or if you are outside, release the valves to empty the suit.
NOW AVAILABLE FOR HIRE - FROM $250 PER DAY. CALL FOR PRICES.
FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Specially designed suit converts any adult Ruth Lee Duty Range manikin into a Bariatric.
- Innovative design allows one person to carry the equipment needed and position the ‘manikin’ in place.
- The suit is constructed from an extremely high specification Trilaminate of Cordura /Butyl/ Polyester fabric. This combination makes it fully waterproof, but more importantly, very hard-wearing and flexible.
- All seams are triple-stitched and taped by hand with 38 mm Aquatape for extra security against leakage.
- British manufactured and handmade.
- Due to the material used in construction, we do not recommend dragging the manikin once it is wearing the suit – at all times, it should be moved using a bariatric carry sheet.
- The weight of the complete manikin will depend on the dummy you place the suit on. Up to 150kg of additional weight can be added using water (i.e. if you place the suit on a 30kg manikin, the total weight of the bariatric will be 180kg once the suit and water is added). The water flow meter records to the weight in litres – 1 litre of water equals 1kg of additional weight.
- Once filled, these manikins are designed to be carried by a team of at least 4-6 people.
- Pyjamas and a carrying sheet for easier handling and positioning are available to purchase separately. The Bariatric Carry sheet has a safe working load 600Kg (LOLER certified).
- Comes complete with soft boots.
**IMPORTANT** - the Water-fillable Bariatric suit is for use on Ruth Lee manikins only. It MUST NOT be worn by a live person. There is the potential for serious risk of injury from wearing the suit, either from compression or as a result of the significant weight.
In this video, the red bag holds a 30kg General Duty, and the black bag holds the 7kg bariatric suit.
|Unit Of Measure||ea|