LIGATURE TRAINING MANIKIN
Tragically, death by suicide is an increasing problem in society. Institutions within the fields of Mental Health Care, Learning Disability, Police, Prisons, Care Homes and other high risk environments who face and need to manage suicides and self harm on a regular basis, must equip their staff with the right training to safely and sensitively manage such scenarios, including the use of a hook knife to properly release a ligature.
The manikin overalls are constructed from the same flame retardant material used in Police ballistic/stab vests, offering 4x the strength and abrasion resistance of 16oz canvas or P.V.C. (conforms to OEKO-TEX® Standard 100, BS EN ISO 12947-2 & 14116: 2008) High density polypropylene webbing (25mm rated to 207 Kg, 50mm rated to 440Kg).
FEATURES & BENEFITS:
• The manikin has anatomical landmarks including the sternum, rib cage, and substernal notch. The trainer also contains teeth, uvula, vocal cords, glottis, epiglottis, larynx, arytenoid cartilage, trachea, oesophagus, inflatable lungs and stomach. It allows for placement of a nasogastric tube and accepts Combitube®, E.O.A., E.G.T.A., P.T.L. and i-gel® airways.
• Realistic knee joints promoting correct manual handling techniques including preservation of the C-spine.
• Special D-ring feature enables easy suspension without damaging the manikin.
NOT SUITED FOR:
• Use in hot fire training - See our Fire House manikin.
• Use in water – See our Water Rescue range.
RECOMMENDED FOR USE BY:
• Hospitals and NHS Trusts
• Police & Prison Services
• Mental Health & Learning Disability Institutions
• Fire & Rescue Services
|Unit Of Measure||ea|