The Patient Handling Training Dummy
A versatile manikin for all Health & Safety training within the Hospital and Care sector, including: early mobilisation, emergency evacuation and working with lifting/transfer/evacuation equipment and general moving and handling exercises
Help your staff avoid the risks identified in the Manual Handling Operations Regulations 1992 (Health and Safety at Work Act 1974) - train them to avoid the back injuries associated with unsafe, high risk moves by training with these realistic ‘patients’.
DEVELOPED WITH HEALTHCARE PROFESSIONALS
FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Designed and tested with moving and handling experts to provide the perfect manikin for patient handling training.
- Constructed with an elongated plastic spine that allows the manikin to sit upright in bed, a wheelchair or hoist - essentially acting as a ‘conscious’ patient would.
- Constructed with plastic strips in the thigh to prevent too much bend when hoisting.
- Soft body joints to eliminate the risk of pinch welts and bruising; common injuries when using plastic bodied manikins.
- An immobilisation/extrication collar can be fitted around the neck of our adult manikins to promote proper casualty care.
- Detachable arm and leg to simulate amputations.
- Supplied undressed, so that you can dress it according to your scenario in pyjamas or day clothing - we advise that you wash clothing between training sessions.
- Constructed from the same flame retardant material used in Police ballistic/stab vests: (conforms to OEKO-TEX® Standard 100, BS EN ISO 12947-2 & 14116: 2008)- the material is tough, safe to handle and very easy to clean.
- The body of the manikin comes as standard in beige.
- Using manikins helps to maintain social distancing guidelines and reduced person-to-person contact