The Water Rescue Rescue Training Dummy
For all water rescue scenarios. Floats vertically or horizontally with head and shoulders above the water. The carcass of this dummy allows water to ingress which approximately doubles the dry weight of the dummy, ie: 40kg dry weight dummy becomes about 65kg in the water. The water rapidly drains from the dummy when recovered from the water. The tough overall has additional pockets in the shin area for buoyancy foam (supplied) to be added to make it float horizontally. Hi-vis orange or hard-to-see black models. Standard gum boots with drain holes in sole.
IDEAL FOR THE FOLLOWING TRAINING SCENARIOS:
Man overboard search and rescue exercises in the open ocean, streams, lakes or other inland waterways.
Carcass constructed from nylon mesh. High density polypropylene webbing (25mm rated to 207 Kg, 50mm rated to 440Kg) SOLAS reflective tape compliant with US Department of Transportation specification USCG 46 CFR, section 164.018, and International Maritime Organisation (IMO) resolution A.658(16). Non-absorbent closed cell foam – water absorption: 1 Day <0.1 (DIN 53428 1986) 28 Days < 0.5% VOL. Overall constructed from the same material used in Police ballistic/stab vests (conforms to OEKO-TEX® Standard 100, BS EN ISO 12947-2 & 14116: 2008).
FEATURES & BENEFITS:
• Floats horizontally, vertically or at 45 degrees, to simulate a live person or dead body – achieved by redistributing foam pieces within the overalls in a matter of seconds.
• The tough nylon mesh carcass allows the water to penetrate quickly, allowing the legs to drop beneath the surface, leaving only the head and shoulders visible, if desired.
• Dry weight 40Kg (Adult) increases to approximately 65Kg retrieval weight from water.
• Bright orange overalls and SOLAS reflective tape on the head make the manikin highly visible.
• Strong webbing loop at the back allows easy handling, storage and suspension for drying.
• Built in polyethylene strips allow flexibility in the water but prevent the manikin from bending in half when using recovery devices such as a Jason’s Cradle.
• Comes complete with overalls and boots, which are easily replaced if damaged.
NOT SUITED FOR:
• Use in temperatures above 100°C or flashover scenarios – See our Fire House manikin.
• Black Search & Rescue hoodie to partly cover the manikin to decrease visibility in the water.
EXTENSIVELY USED BY:
- Australian\NZ Army and Navy
- Helicopter Rescue services
- UK Ministry of Defence Army and Navy.
- RLNI (Royal National Lifeboat Institution).
- All UK Fire & Rescue Services.
- Offshore operators.
- Coastguards & Lifeguards.
- Inland Water Rescue Teams.
- Shipping & Fishing industries.